Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and remind ourselves what it is we are thankful for in our lives. For me personally, I am thankful for the simple things in life, my health, my friends and family and my love for fitness and the outdoors.
There is no doubt that for most people, being fit does not come easy, it takes time and effort to get our bodies into a healthy state, however, the effort is worth putting in. There are many benefits to working out, staying mentally and physically fit, flexible and mobile.
1. Exercise helps keep our mental health in check and helps many to cope with stress and emotions.
2. Exercise helps to ward off sickness and chronic illness. Studies show that exercising on a regular basis helps to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and osteoporosis.
3. A regular fitness routine can help to keep the mind calm, increase cognitive function and improve blood flow to the brain.
4. Exercise boosts overall energy and works at burning calories hours after you finished your workout.
5. Working out can help you fall asleep more quickly and improves sleep quality. If you work out in the evenings, it is recommended to work out at least 1 to 2 hours before going to bed, giving endorphin levels time to wash out and allow the brain time to unwind.
Not everyone enjoys going to the gym, ride class, dance or yoga studio, etc. Due to COVID-19, many people have discovered a love for working out at home through online classes or in their own home gyms. As a result, we have experienced a greater demand for fitness and wellness equipment and accessories. We offer a varied selection of workout gear for office, home, garage, park or wherever you make your workout space.
Check out our selection, and if we don’t have what your looking for, let us know and we will do our best to source it for you !